Changing the world, one yoga practice at a time
As a woman of color living in a larger body, Dianne is leading significant change in an industry dominated by people who are young, thin, flexible, white and able-bodied. Dianne began practicing yoga at a young age and has through the years experienced both subtle and not-so-subtle instances of sexism, racism, ableism and sizeism in yoga spaces. Her role as a yoga teacher and leader of the Yoga For All movement have provided the opportunity to work to change the industry that once regarded her with suspicion for being different.
Celebrating our differences
The world is changing. The time is now for each of us to do the hard work of self-reflection, examining our tendency toward bias, suspicion of people who are different than us, and the lack of diversity in the corners of our lives, and considering how to create a community that welcomes and celebrates difference.
Dianne speaks passionately about diversity topics including:
- Confronting our own bias when faced with people who are different from us
- Fostering community and a sense of belonging in any space
- Creating inclusive work environments
- The impact of diet and beauty cultures on our interactions and self-image
- Creating brave spaces to talk about diversity, inclusion and our roles in systematic oppression of people who are different from ourselves
Book Dianne Bondy to speak about diversity
If you want to create a community of inclusion and bolster social change, Dianne can help you do it.